Sunday, January 4, 2009

yeah.

Today I crafted a memory board. I've been wanting one for some time now, so I just went ahead and made it. Plus I picked up Sloppy Firsts again. It's been years since I last read it. As I go through it now, I realize that it's basically a novelization of my life. I'm not sure if the stuff I write is a result of reading it, but a lot of my thoughts seem to plagiarize the book. Crap.

I feel bad for the girl who got caught plagiarizing one of that same author's books. It's probably not hard. I think a lot of the main character's thoughts echo the thoughts of millions of angst-ridden teenage girls, myself included. It was just weird to see things that I've actually written in my own journal in this book. So I ask myself which came first? My guess is the novel. But how could I remember some of those things? I can't even remember some plot details, and yet some of the lines are word for word. Etched in my subconscious? I don't know. I'm not really one for remembering quotes.

No comments: