Saturday, December 6, 2008

SAD

So I've determined I've pretty much got seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Pretty certain. I was in the gym this morning and read an article about it in SELF. I basically have all the symptoms so I'm going to self-diagnose. The solution? Go outside more or buy a $300 light. I'm going to opt for going outside more. However, it would help if it weren't so cold.

Speaking of cold, it's basically paralyzing. I don't deal well with the cold. My extremities are freezing. Some people can walk faster when it gets cold outside. I cannot. I basically can't move because my body shuts down and my muscles stiffen. It's horrible. I need to invest in more clothes.

Anyway, I'm working on an urban econ paper at the moment...I've made good progress, but now I need a break. Basically we have to compare data from eight cities and then explain why our city in particular has a specific socioeconomic problem. Easy peasy, right? WRONG. It took me forever to decide which issues I wanted to write about and then find the data to support why my city (Orlando!) has that problem. Well, two problems. I picked crime and sprawl. Lovely. So now I just have to wait for the rest of the data and the history and write a conclusion. Good progress for today, I do believe.

So at the moment, I feel completely inadequate again. This is ridiculous. I'm 90% sure I have SAD. The other 10% is the possibility of actual depression.

I want more warm beverages. Woo yaw kafei = I want coffee in Chinese GR. At least I've got the Pirates music in the background...that's soothing. I'm excited to see EVE 6 tonight. I really hope that it doesn't get too crowded because I really want to go!

No comments: