Thursday, December 18, 2008

VICTORY SCREECH

So I'm done with finals. It feels really good. I feel liberated, carefree...almost. I know I actually do have to do some studying over break...but I'm looking forward to a well-deserved break.

Chinese went well. I just had mad pain in my neck afterward from hunching over for so long. It was quite intense. I don't understand how more people don't do well in that class. Well, I actually do know why. It's because they cram instead of studying a little each day. Long term versus short term, people!

Currently, my graded research paper is sitting in my inbox. I want to know...but I don't want to know. If it's bad...then it'll just ruin my entire holiday season. If it's good, it will make me exceedingly happy. So I don't really know what to do about it. Kim looked and she prevailed. If I look...who knows what will happen? So I guess I'm just going to wait because I don't care. It's not about the grades, it's about the acquisition of knowledge.

The other day I was told to pursue a PhD. I want to, but I don't think I can finance it. Additionally, I don't know how hard I'm willing to work. I work as hard as I can now, but at the same time, I don't know if I can handle it. I can only put so much work into something before I give up. It's one of my problems. The details only bother me for so long.

Anyway, my stuff is all packed and I'm ready to go. I'm excited.

No comments: