Saturday, December 13, 2008

Spassstic.

Last night was a waste of my life. I did some cleaning while watching Narnia! Then I decided to read. Really, I should have been partying since my roommate was sleeping over somewhere else. I should have had the party where the theme changes every hour. One day I will seriously do this...one day when I'm rich and can afford decor and costumes for each theme.

On the other hand, I got some sweet gifts from our gift exchange - a Prince Caspian poster and a High School Musical tear off calendar. Very cool. Prince Caspian now graces my wall, and I am ecstatic about it.

While I was supposed to be studying yesterday, all these ideas kept popping up in my head. I decided that we're going to make a parody of the fashion magazine on campus, which is called "BE." Instead, we're going to call ours "IS." It's going to be amazing. A bunch of article ideas entered my mind. This always happens at the most inopportune moments. Regardless, I was feeling in a pretty creative mood.

So studying has overtaken my life. Nothing else is going on. Sad existence I lead. Even sadder was when I got up at 8 this morning to go to the library and study...and I got asked for ID. Yeah. Bizarre. It was normal operating hours too...

I've also taken to watching TV on Hulu now. I've watched just about every Colbert Report from the last week. OH Michael Phelps was on the other day! Apparently he wrote a book. Haha I wonder how good it is. He doesn't seem like the most intelligent person on the planet. What's he going to tell people? Swim fast? Swim hard?

Here's another interesting topic - the open-book final. It's pointless. The professor gave us the questions ahead of time so we can essentially plan the entire thing out. Actually, we could write the entire essay out ahead of time, but that might be a waste of time. Two of the three questions will appear on the exam and we just have to answer one of them. We could potentially write the entire essay inside the covers of our shakespeare books...

I won't though. I'll just write an incredibly detailed outline. One in each book! We should really just not have to do it in class because it's going to be a pain. How about no final? Hmm? Hmmm? Unlikely.

Anyway, last night I downloaded the album "Man Up" by the Blue Van. The band's song, "Silly Boy," is featured in a Samsung commercial. I really liked that song so I decided to find it. The album is pretty hilarious - related to a lot of "man" things. "I'm a Man" and "Man Up" are indeed actually songs...sounds like things I typically say. I highly recommend it.

Alright, back to studying Chinese now I suppose.

No comments: